Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

SO many ideas, so little time, PS: I hate photoshop...

My brewing confidence is up after winning third place in a local competition here in Houston , and that has gotten my creative juices flowing in the direction of formulating interesting recipes. Which leads to thinking of names for the newly hatched recipes...
Which leads me to thinking of cool labels..
Which leads me to actually trying to design a label...

And that is where I have to stop, due to my complete lack of skill in the Graphic arts.  I'm hopeless at it.  Oh, I can come up with a concept well enough, and even get so far as a rough sketch, but from there my skills are spent. It's unbelievably frustrating for me, because I get so focused on the spirit of the recipe and I hate not being able to take it to a blissfully geeked- out resolution. Just ask my wife...

My work buddy Matthew (web-design student and conversationalist extraordinaire)  has offered to help me bring some of my concepts to fruition.  In return, I'll barter for a workbench that I made a few years back that would survive the Blitzkrieg. Why do I bring this up? I need some help people! 

So do your part.  Take a look around and send me examples of labels you like to help me get the old creative juices flowing.  In the meantime, here are some cool labels from BYO magazine's archive annual label contest.

Enjoy and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment